[P] MiraPy: A Python package for Deep Learning in Astronomy
MiraPy is a Python package for Deep Learning in Astronomy. It is built using Keras for developing ML models to run on CPU and GPU seamlessly. The aim is to make applying machine learning techniques on astronomical data easy for astronomers, researchers and students.
MiraPy can be used for problem-solving using ML techniques and will continue to grow to tackle new problems in Astronomy. Following are some of the experiments that you can perform right now:
- Classification of X-Ray Binaries using neural network
- Astronomical Image Reconstruction using Autoencoder
- Classification of the first catalogue of variable stars by ATLAS
- HTRU1 Pulsar Dataset Image Classification using Convolutional Neural Network
- Curve Fitting using Autograd (incomplete implementation)
You can find the applications MiraPy in our tutorial repository.
In future, MiraPy will be able to do more and in better ways and we need your suggestions! Tell us what you would like to see as a part of this package on Slack.