[D] Case/Motherboard for multi GPU build
I’m running a project requiring a significant amount of compute where it’ll be cheaper to buy RTX cards outright (+electricity) instead of running them on the cloud.
I’m looking for a rack-mountable option that can house 8 GPU (can settle for 6 GPUs+ 1 network card).
So far I’ve found:
- ASUS 4RU ESC8000 – excellent fit for a hefty price tag (AUD 10K) that I’d rather put toward the GPU.
- Mining cases/motherboard – very cheap but rubbish layout.
- A few online tutorials for building smaller systems but they are limited to < 4 GPU.
- Dual PSU support, for obvious reason.
- Will need to allow a minimum 128GB of RAM on the motherboard, ideally 256GB+
- Ideally PCIe x16 Gen 4 but can settle with Gen 3.
I’ve also considered:
- Electricity: yes, I have 3-phase feed, won’t burn the house down 🙂
- Cooling – high powered split AC (for the small room where this live)
- Networking – second hand InfiniBand.
Now the big question:
Are you aware of there that fits this bill?
Budget: $1000-2000 for the case + motherboard. Probably another grand for the CPU (not too important), and however much the RAM are gonna cost, lolz.
Thanks in advance!