[N] We just open sourced our no-frills ML-devops. Introducing: trains-agent
Hi r /ML,
Four months ago we open-sourced our experiment management platform. My relevant post on r /ML eventually gave us valuable feedback from actual researchers. One of the recurring themes was that we were lacking a definitive differentiation from other solutions.Well, I am happy to announce that we took that to heart and are now adding… <drumroll.wav>
All the devops your research is going to needand then some
Now live at (star/forks are appreciated): https://github.com/allegroai/trains (now with trains-agent!)
We are eager to know if the readme conveys just how cool this thing is!
- An order of magnitude easier maintenance than K8S for research
- Schedule GPU resources across any cloud and/or on-prem (and only use containers if you want to)
- Straightforward, automagical configuration
- User friendly UI
- Roll your own autoML
The fine print: your agents work in conjunction with your trains platform.
- Why are we releasing this as FOSS – We feel that automagical devops are necessary for research 😉 Our formal answer is still valid: “We acknowledge that deep learning R&D and operations are not well-established yet, and we want TRAINS to remain relevant as paradigms shift in the field”
- … counting on you guys here. AMA?
PS: If anyone is at ODSC West on 10/31, Come meet Gregory from our team, he will be talking about Integrating data as part of autoML