[D] FYI Machine Learning Conference (MLconf) in San Francisco 11/8
Just wanted to raise awareness and get discussion going if anyone wants to meet up at MLconf (next next Friday, November 8th). Talks will cover topics such as: NLP, Voice Agents, ML & Medical Research, ML & Quantum Computing, ML Models, Data Science for Good, etc.
If you’re not going to be in San Francisco then you can also check out past sessions (going back to 2012) here: https://mlconf.com/sessions/.
If you do want to be there I’d suggest going to eventbrite instead of their website since there’s a discount. Below are the speakers and the topic they’ll speak on (if I could find it):
2019 MLconf SF Speakers:
- Franziska Bell, Senior Data Science Manager on the Platform Team, Uber – Opening Remarks
- Anitha Kannan, Founding Member, Curai – AI for healthcare: Scaling Access and Quality of Care for Everyone
- Xavier Amatriain, CTO, Curai – AI for healthcare: Scaling Access and Quality of Care for Everyone
- Mihajlo Grbovic, Principal Machine Learning Scientist, Airbnb
- Josh Wills, Software Engineer, Slack – Data Labeling as Religious Experience
- Ted Willke, Sr. Principal Engineer, Intel
- Jekaterina Novikova, Director of Machine Learning, Winterlight Labs – Machine Learning Methods in Detecting Alzheimer’s Disease from Speech and Language
- Bradley Voytek, Associate Professor, UCSD – The Art of Parameterization
- June Andrews, AI Instruments, Stitch Fix – The Uncanny Valley of ML
- Sneha Rajana, Software Development Engineer, Amazon – Deep Learning Architectures for Semantic Relation Detection Tasks
- Noam Finkelstein, PhD Student, Johns Hopkins University – The Importance of Modeling Data Collection
- Anoop Deoras, Researcher, Netflix – Building an Incrementally Trained, Local Taste Aware, Global Deep Learned Recommender System Model
- Jamila Smith-Loud, User Researcher, Google
- Justin Armstrong, Senior Backend Engineer – Applied ML, Compology – Applying Computer Vision to Reduce Contamination in the Recycling Stream
- Igor Markov, Facebook/ Professor, University of Michigan
- Vinay Prabhu, Chief Scientist, UnifyID Inc – Project GaitNet: Ushering in the ImageNet moment for human Gait kinematics
- Meghanna Ravikumar, Machine Learning Engineer, SigOpt – Optimized Image Classification on the Cheap
- Martin Isaksson, Co-Founder, PerceptiLabs
Sponsors: PerceptiLabs, Oracle, Apple, Proofpoint, HiringSolved, SigOpt, Medium, Walmart Labs, Compology.
Personally, I’m most looking forward to the healthcare applications they’ll go over, but I’m also curious what “Data Labeling as a Religious Experience” means.