[D] Swift for TensorFlow
For anyone that hasn’t heard of it already, Swift for Tensorflow is a new project led by Chris Lattner (the creator of the Swift programming language) that basically includes all the TensorFlow functionality directly in swift. As of 2019, you can actually run Swift code in colab notebooks.
I couldn’t find an existing post on the 2019 updates to s4tf on this subreddit, so I thought I’d share some announcements, news, and resources. Feel free to reply with more links or resources that might be helpful.
– Swift for TensorFlow Project Home Page: https://www.tensorflow.org/swift
– Chris Lattner’s talk at the TensorFlow dev summit 2019: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s65BigoMV_I
– An interview with Jeremey Howard (co-founder of fast.ai): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drSpCwDFwnM
– An article by Jeremy Howard about fast.ai‘s plans for s4tf: https://www.fast.ai/2019/03/06/fastai-swift/
– A nice GitHub repo with some swift example notebooks: https://github.com/zaidalyafeai/Swift4TF
Also, if anyone is reading this that is more familiar with s4tf, or is an active contributor to the project, what kind of speedups can we expect to see relative to Python + TensorFlow/PyTorch?
submitted by /u/iyaja