[D] – How to determine “value” of items in bartering system?
Hey r/MachineLearning question for you guys
Given a series of bartering transactions, example below:
- Item 1 was traded for Item 2 & Item 3
- Item 4 was traded for Item 5 & Item 6
- Item 3 was traded for Item 7
- Item 7 was traded for Item 8
What algorithm could you use to determine the relative value of each item?
Example from above:
- Item 1 was traded for 2 & 3, this would imply that item 1 roughly equal to the value 2 & 3 combined (and more valuable than either one individually)
- Item 7 was traded for Item 3 (1 for 1 trade) which would imply they have the same value
Now if I had say 300 items, and 1000s of “transaction” data points for the whole system, what’s the best way to determine the relative value of the group?
- How much is Item 1 (.00 – 1.00) worth compared to Item 3?
- How much is Item 1 worth compared to the rest of the pack?
Bonus Points: A python package would be awesome.