[D] Quoc Le is silently killing it in 2019
Over the past 6 months, he’s been an author on
- EfficientNet: Rethinking Model Scaling for Convolutional Neural Networks
- Attention Augmented Convolutional Networks
- Transformer-XL: Attentive language models beyond a fixed-length context
- The Effect of Network Width on Stochastic Gradient Descent and Generalization
- Unsupervised Data Augmentation
- Soft Conditional Computation
- Selfie: Self-supervised Pretraining for Image Embedding
- NAS-FPN: Learning Scalable Feature Pyramid Architecture for Object Detection
- Specaugment: A simple data augmentation method for automatic speech recognition
- Using videos to evaluate image model robustness
- Searching for MobileNetV3
- The Evolved Transformer
I know he always does great research, but is there anyone else who’s had this much impact recently? That list of papers is impressive, and for them all to have come out in a six month period with contributions from the same author is almost ridiculous.
I figured he should get a shout out. If there’s discussion to be had, I’d love to know who else has been moving the field (maybe in other areas like RL or NLP) as much recently.